Pages

Friday 10 June 2016

Making Predictions

Connected - Level 4 - Oceans A Source Of Life - A Source Of Life by Alexandra Sides.

WALT: I am learning to make predictions on the text by looking at the title, Subtitles and Visual Cues.
I Predicted that this article is about......

  1. I predicted this could be about Millions of small bodies wriggling out of holes.
  2. I predicted this could be about Some animals (Insects) climbing into Trees.
  3. I predicted this could be about 3 million sea birds.
  4. I predicted this could be about Sea birds swirling above the Island.
  5. I predicted this could be about Insects and other species.

After I read the Article I found out that..........
Rangatira Island is still dark but the forest floor is moving. At dusk, seabirds swirl above the island, returning from day, or perhaps a week, of feeding on zoo plankton and small fish. Storm petrels on the island add tones of marine nutrients to the soil. Everything on the island is linked to the sea and is in some way part of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.