Pages

Saturday 20 January 2018

SLJ, week 4, day 4

SLJ, Winter Learning Journey
Day 4: Contemporary Entertainment 
Activity 1: Moana

In late 2016, the movie Moana was released by Disney. It’s a beautiful story about a young Polynesian girl from the fictional island of Motunui, who goes on a big adventure.

moana.jpg

Watch the trailer for Moana and then write a summary of the movie on your blog. If you’ve seen the movie, you can include your favourite part! Tell us as much as you can about the movie. What is it about? Who are the main characters in the movie? What do they do in the movie? Where do they go?

Main Characters: Moana/Maui

What is it about? Moana is a movie about a girl who has a big heart. She travels the seas with Maui to help save her people on her island and takes risky missions. She finds the heart of Tefeti and needs Maui to restore Tefiti can go back as a good women. Once they restore the heart the island becomes bright, Moana's family and people is saved and Maui gets a brand new hook from Tefiti

My favourite part of the movie is at the end when they restore the heart of Tefiti and Moana's family and people are safe and happy. My favourite song in the movie is also How Far I'll Go

Activity 2: Country Calendar 

Did you know that the longest running television show in New Zealand history is a programme called ‘Country Calendar’? It started on 6 March 1966 and has been running ever since. The programme includes stories of everyday New Zealanders, many of whom are farmers.

farmer.jpg

Watch this short clip from Country Calendar. What do you think would be the most interesting and/or challenging things about being a farmer? Would you would like to be a farmer when you are older. Why/why not? Give us, at least, two reasons to support your answer.

When i'm older i would love to experience what it's like to be a farmer. I'd love to do all the gardening in the farm and plant new plants. I'd also love to ride and feed the animals, i've always wanted to feed animals and take care of one, i'd also always wanted to ride one and teach them new tricks. But then also farmers are hard work's and they would have to do a lot of challenging things on the farm.
Challenging Things: 
Planting crops, shaving sheep, gathering livestock, and harvesting crops.

Activity 3: Singing a Different Tune

A number of New Zealand (NZ) singers and songwriters have recently burst onto the music scene, becoming popular both in NZ and overseas. One of these artists, Lorde, is gaining a lot of recognition for her unique style and songwriting ability. People all over the world seem to really like the lyrics (words) that she writes in her songs.

  

Think of your favourite song. Share the name of the song, the name of the person who wrote the song and the lyrics from the song on your blog. You must type the lyrics not cut and paste them in order to earn full points for the activity.

Title: Ehu Girl
Artist: Kolohe Kai
Lyrics:

Said it happened last night about ten to eleven

when i first laid eyes on you, 
Standing in line, into Club Triple Seven 
It was just like heaven and a dream come true, 
We're standing in the right place at the right time, 
When you, this Ehu Girl, caused the crime. 

You're my pretty little Ehu Girl who made me a fool in love,

You got my heart all in a whirl and now it needs cooling off,
You set my heart on fire and now i don't know what to do,
You set my heart on fire and now i'm so in love with you, my Ehu Girl 

Said i'm feeling it now, something I've never felt,

My hearts so hot i think i'm gonna melt,
Somehow, I want to see you again 
My love, sent from above. 
And beautiful girls yes I've seen a few,
but out of all the beauty in the world there's no one quite like you

You're my pretty little Ehu Girl who made me a fool in love,
You got my heart all in a whirl and now it needs cooling off,
You set my heart on fire and now i don't know what to do,
You set my heart on fire and now i'm so in love with you, 

My Ehu Girl 


The way your Ehu hair flows in the air, 
The way your shinning eyes reflect the sky,
The way your smile burns up my flame, 
But i don't know your name and i guess i'll call you my

Pretty little Ehu Girl who made me a fool in love,
You got my heart all in a whirl and now it needs cooling off,
You set my heart on fire and now i don't know what to do,
You set my heart on fire and now i'm so in love with you

My Ehu Girl

1 comment:

  1. Hi Salote,

    Well done on completing another 3 activities! Superb work!

    What an amazing summary you have written. It really sums up the whole movie. Great work!

    I personally love the song you have chosen. It is very catchy and I love the lyrics.

    Keep up the amazing work and have an amazing holiday!

    Telesia

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.